How to write a motion
- Write a headline that briefly describes what the motion is about.
- Describe the background to the matter; why you sent in the motion and why you think it’s important and should be approved by the Representative Assembly.
- Finish by stating what you think the Representative Assembly should decide, for example:
“I move that the Representative Assembly decides to set aside resources for a second student union house.”
- Sign the motion with your name.
- Send your motion to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com latest by 14 April, preferably as a PDF.
What happens next?
The board of the Social Sciences Student Union will give a written response to the motion that will be sent with the original motion to the Representative Assembly. The Representative Assembly will then discuss the motion during the meeting on the Representative Assembly meeting and come to a decision.
I have an idea but I don’t know how to write it down!
- Ask a friend to help you
- Ask someone who’s a member of the RA to help you
- Come by the drop-in hours at the student union house: 11 AM-1 PM, Tuesdays & Thursdays (Sandgatan 9)!